Ever since its formation Old Town has been persistant in advancing the art of paddling. Through its innovatively designed products, Old Town has certainly carved a niche for itself in the light boat construction arena over a period spanning more than a century.
From the debut wood and canvas canoe in 1898 to the very traditional sea skin kayak produced in 1940 Old Town has always bettered its products. The 1950’s saw lightweight fiberglass creations and amongst the most recent creations is included the Old Town Dirigo Tandem Plus kayak.
Old Town Dirigo Tandem Plus Product Description
Old Town Dirigo Tandem Plus kayak is a recreational kayak fit for use by 2 adults. Designed to ensure stability as it glides on the water, the light boat’s most conspicuous features include two large and spacious cockpits for easily sailing, paddling and fishing. 15-feet-3-inch in length the kayak’s design ensures easily accessed ample storage stage and several other useful features.
The aspects worth highlighting include:
- Stable form hull design. This is definitely one of the most vital aspects to ensure that 90 lbs boat stays afloat stably.
- Dirigo Tandem Plus kayak is 15-feet-three-inches in length, 29.5-inch wide with a deck height of 14 inches. It weighs 80-lbs and carry maximum load of 475 lbs
- Cushioned seat. The kayak has ergonomically designed recessed seats that are also cushioned to guarantee comfort on long watery adventure.
- It has front and rear cockpits, a seal hatch with bulkhead along with a glove box hatch to store all your essential items such as keys, wallet etc.
- Dirigo Tandem Plus kayak also has thigh pads, retractable carry handler, cup holder, and deck bungee.
- Primarily designed for 2 adults, it can ideal for family since it comes with a removable child/pet seat for a passenger up to 60 pounds.
Many customers have found the Dirigo Tandem Plus kayak to be the perfect paddling boat for two adults. It has great storage space and sufficient deck height to keep the belongings dry just in case you happen to keep them outside instead of storing them safe under the sealed hatch. The hull design coupled with weight provides great stability and prevents the thing from tipping on high waters. However at the same time its weight can pose a problem in carrying the boat from one place to another.
The Old Town Dirigo Tandem Plus kayak promises to be a sailing delight for adventure freaks. It is a great option for tandem and family use given its design and ultra features that promise safety at every step.